sábado, 28 de junio de 2014

A Light Lesson

This week has been really busy. I honestly can not explain all of the things we do because it is a lot and some things are really random. We really run around a lot of the city and some nights we have to stay up a little later working on speacial projects or have our sleep interrupted to go pick someone up at a train station then go back to sleep.  It is a very hectic and busy enviroment in the offices. Just like the streets of Montevideo. It is funny to be literally praying for your life everytime we get out on the intense streets, and cutting and being cut off by people while of course listening to the Morman Tabernacle Choir....it is really funny.

Anyway with the enivorment I am really learning that well sometimes we just need to take a break and enjoy the moment for survival from stress and well just to enjoy and be happy. Alway sneed to be postive and look for the light at the end of the tunnel.

One of these moments of peace in our crazy week was attending the confrence for all of the zone leaders and going to the temple. We did not get to stay for all the confrence but our president talked about the light. It was really Intresting. Before I give his notes on it I want to tell a story that came to my mind while he was talking about this.

It reminded me a couple weeks later in my other area in a lesson that I had. In this lesson the man asked why we have suffering and bad things happen in the good people and what is bad and evil. We talked about the plan of Salvation but failed and luckily we came back and talked about him with the bishop who had served a mission and talked about how darkness like light is just the abscence of light, and eveil is the abscence of good.

Now with that thinking what is light? Well we find out answer in 3 Nephi Chapter 15

Behold, I am the law, and the light. Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him thatendureth to the end will I give eternal life.

 10 Behold, I have given unto you the commandments; therefore keep my commandments. And this is the law and the prophets, for they truly testified of me.
 11 And now it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words, he said unto those twelve whom he had chosen:
 12 Ye are my disciples; and ye are a light unto this people, who are a remnant of the house of Joseph.
I thought that was really intresting then. President Smith talked to us about how we are all called to be an example and share the light of Christ with all for this we go to 3 Nephi Chapter 12

 14 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
 15 Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house;


 I really liked this and it has been really intresting. It also reminded me of this video from David A. Bednar  Patterns of Light  http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1737858984001

Anyway sadly I do not have speakers on my computer so I can not comment more about the video but I hope you enjoy this light lesson and leaned something like I did it was really intresting.

To all of my friends, family, and anyone who just happens to read this I invite you to share your light and let it shine.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario