martes, 8 de julio de 2014

Being a Perfectionist vs Becoming Perfect in Christ

 I have been thinking a lot about doing my best lately. The constant debate in my mind has always been either I did not do that perfectly and I need to be perfect or I use the excuse I am not perfect, I can not be expected to be perfect, so why try. In short I found an article that I really want to share that was my answer to this question. For me though more important than the answer was the timing.

In the offices we are always doing something, and I mean always running around doing something that needs to be done to help the missionaries focuson the lords work. I was having a really hard day and well sometimes even though we are on the mission the mission offices is just like the office and can be very hard to feel the spirit. We had recently had been talking to president about how we do not have enough time to do all or our studies and it is hard. He told us we need to change our mindset and make it a priority.  This morning I had not had my personal study because we had to go get my Uruguyan ID card. and number very early in the morning and we did not have time to study.  In all the choas I decided I just needed about 30 minutes to have a my own personal and with everything going on the question of being perfect and doing my best was at the front of my mind and I found this article on the homepage of lds.org.  I can not describe 

https://www.lds.org/liahona/2014/07/young-adults/becoming-perfect-in-christ?lang=eng

For those of you who are short on time I am just going to paste the a few parts I really liked but I know Gods loves us and he answers prayers and through the atonement we can recieve the motivation to do better and our weaknesses can be filled through his mercy.


Hope you all enjoy and have a good day.

"As we act and are not acted upon (see 2 Nephi 2:14), we can navigate between complementary virtues and achieve much of life’s growth. These can appear in “an opposition,” being “a compound in one” (2 Nephi 2:11).
For example, we can cease to be idle (see D&C 88:124) without running faster than we have strength (see Mosiah 4:27).
We can be “anxiously engaged in a good cause” (D&C 58:27) while also periodically pausing to “be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10; see also D&C 101:16).
We can find our lives by losing our lives for the Savior’s sake (see Matthew 10:39; 16:25).
We can be “not weary in well-doing” (D&C 64:33; see also Galatians 6:9) while taking appropriate time to refresh spiritually and physically.
We can be lighthearted without being light-minded.
We can laugh heartily with but not haughtily at.
Our Savior and His Atonement invite us to “come unto Christ, and be perfected in him.” As we do so, He promises that His grace is “sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ” (Moroni 10:32).
For those burdened by cares to find perfection or to be perfect now, our Savior’s freely given atoning love assures us:
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
“… For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28, 30).7"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario